The summer weather gives you a chance to showcase bright, beautiful sundresses and sun-kissed skin. This season, show off your best accessory – your hair – with these quick and easy tips from InStyler Celebrity Stylist Dean Banowetz. Dean, whose A-List clientele includes Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson, shares his insight on how to recreate two popular trends seen on the runway and the red carpet, using The InStyler and The TopStyler – revolutionary, cutting edge heat tools that provide hair with endless, beautiful hairstyles all year long.
Short Textured Bob
“This style is super easy to create and provides a great beachy effect to hair,” says Dean.
- Power The TopStyler on and take the tail of a comb to create a deep center part
- Take small sections of hair, twisting them loosely and spray with hairspray
- Create a two-finger wrap with each twisted section of hair to create a pin curl and clip into place with one of the TopStyler shells
- Repeat until the entire head is twisted and wrapped and allow for 15 minutes of cooling time
- Release sections from the shells and mist hair with a sea salt texturizing spray to enhance this hot summer look
“Bangs are a great way to spice up a summer up-do and help to give your style dimension,” says Dean.
- Using a paddle brush and a small amount of volumizing mousse, blow dry damp bangs quickly back and forth. This will ensure they have movement and will get rid of any cowlicks or stubborn parts
- Split the bangs into two parts and close each piece into the barrel of the new ¾” barrel InStyler while slowly guiding it down the section of hair. This smaller barrel size will help you achieve great volume at the roots
- Finish with a light hold hairspray to keep your sexy summer bangs in place all day