So you might be questioning what has been happening in Fruity’s world since time past by so quick and it seems like I haven’t been around much. I am still here. I have been quite busy shopping or some would call it hauling. There has been just so much sales going on and a lot of them are mad dashes or quick flash sales. More on those later possibly some quick snaps soon.
Eating sweets is one of things I adore and bareMinerals Holiday 2012 A Vision in Velvet Eyecolors actually remind me of dessert. Close to dessert but more like something that is for afternoon tea.
The first time I came across these, I thought they were macaroons. It totally reminded me of Chantal Guillon. It’s like literally right out of the box, they looked like them. Each color reminded me of flavors such as cherry blossom, lavender, espresso, green tea, strawberry, and much more. Though looking very like macaroons, they are simply a set of gorgeous eye colors that are both easy to use and flattering on the eyes.
To be exact there are 20 different colors in this set.
Here is the ingredients list. As you might notice each eye shadow comes in at 0.28 g or 0.01 oz a pop. Despite being so petit in size, they are quite enough to last for a while. I also included a scan of the color list for you to see as well. 10 Velvets Mattes and 10 Velvet Satins fill this box. So there are more than enough combinations for rich suede or luminous sheen finishes.
Here are the jars scattered about. The golden colors of the cap on these little jars reminds me of decoration for a Christmas Tree just like the Diorific nail polishes this season.
The inside of the jar after twisting the cap off, is a sticker label or cover that protects the powder from coming out unexpectedly. This holds the color in place without the fear or wasting it.
So on with the swatches… Before I start talking about the formula and what not, the colors in the photos are arranged in a fashion from the first to fourth columns in the photo a few ways up. Now with the names out of the way, the colors are quite pigmented right out of the jar. Application is smooth as well. Though, I might recommend a brush instead of a sponge tip or fingers.
- Velvet Blueberry Eyecolor (creamy navy)
- Velvet Violet Eyecolor (plush lilac)
- Velvet Pistachio Eyecolor (crushed mint)
- Velvet Vanilla Eyecolor (warm ivory)
- Velvet Strawberry Eyecolor (soft wine)
- Velvet Mauve Eyecolor (matte mauve)
- Velvet Green Eyecolor (matte green)
- Velvet Charcoal Eyecolor (matte charcoal)
- Velvet Espresso Eyecolor (matte espresso brown)
- Velvet Taupe Eyecolor (matte taupe)
- Satin Sterling Eyecolor (satin silver)
- Satin Lilac Eyecolor (satin lilac)
- Satin Nude Eyecolor (satin nude)
- Satin Plum Eyecolor (satin plum)
- Satin Mist Eyecolor (satin mist)
- Satin Rose Eyecolor (satin rose)
- Satin Sage Eyecolor (satin sage)
- Satin Gold Eyecolor (satin gold)
- Satin Caramel Eyecolor (satin caramel)
- Satin Peach Eyecolor (satin peach)
A Vision in Velvet is a great gift set for friends or family members. It comes in a shiny luxurious looking box that is filled with amazing colors. FYI this can make a great stocking stuffer too if you got a long enough sock. The combination from these colors are endless, there are enough colors to cover all four seasons in a year. Regardless of the mood, matte or luminous sheen are available split 50 | 50 across the board. I think besides giving this as a gift to someone, this might be a great gift for yourself too.
This post contains a sample product sent for consideration by PR. All reviews are expressed with complete honesty. For more information, please read my full disclosure here.