Check out Kate Middleton’s gorgeous holiday styles with tips on how to get the look from Edward Tricomi, Co-owner of Warren-Tricomi Salons.
“This look is Elegant, charming and surprisingly easy to achieve.”
- Begin by parting your hair where it would naturally fall.
- This look is started with a very basic French braid at the back of the neck. Be sure to braid very loosely, this will keep the look modern and effortless.
- Once your braid reaches the top of your back begin to twist it into a bun. The bun should be more oval in shape as opposed to round and should sit right at the base of your neck. Secure with hair pins.
“Kate has mirror-like shine which makes her color look extremely rich. I would recommend using a hair glaze to really bring out the shine and richness in color.”
Kate’s Half Up, Half Down Style:
“Lady Kate kills it with this, taking a look that is sophisticated yet surprisingly simple to create. The off-center pin curls are unexpected, innovative and original.”
- Start by setting your hair with a curling iron in large sections until your entire head is curled. This will give it a soft bounce.
- Divide your hair into two sections from ear to ear across the back of your head.
- Brush the top section straight back (this look is achieved with no parting)
- Take hair from your temple and pull it away from your face, twirling it into a pin curl and securing it with pins at the crown of your head, repeat with the remaining side.
Including products used
“Use a blow dry lotion to provide humidity resistance, frizz-control and protect the hair from heat styling.”