I recently saw that I had a cold sore on the lower left part of my lips. Oh I hate it! I have been trying everything to get rid of it. Luckily, I found out that there is a clear patch that could keep the cold sore area clean and dandy. What is so great too is that you could apply make up over it without the feel of contamination! So what is this exactly?
Abreva Conceal Invisible Cold Sore Patch is the name!
Abreva Conceal comes in a package that is easy to spot at the store. With this, I am going to test it on my cold sore that popped up out of no where. Luckily for me, Abreva Conceal came in just in time.
You might be wondering what Abreva Conceal is and why I am so happy. It is a clear non-medicated patch which conceals any cold sores you may have for up to 8 hours. The best thing about it is that you can apply makeup over it. I will be going into greater details in a bit.
Here are the instructions on the back with a step by step process in pictures.
So once you open the package up and empty the box, you will find that each Abreva Conceal are in a clear air tight packet. This is exceptionally great because it keeps out any dust or particles. Clean as it can be.
So before looking at the photos below regarding the concealer, let me inform you that the way this wonderful thing works. A protective barrier is created while you use this which allows air in through its MicroAir technology. Even having air in, contaminants are still kept out because of the barrier. Also, there are no side effects why you use these.
There is a few steps you need to be aware of before you use this concealer. Here is a chronological order:
- Wash your face with a mild soap, and use a fresh towel to pat your cold sore and the neighboring area dry.
- Open Conceal packaging and remove the contents inside.
- Peel back the paper tab marked in red with the number “1” (avoid touching the sticky part underneath by holding on to the small rectangular tab).
- Continue to hold the rectangular tab and peel back the other paper tab, marked in blue with the number “2”.
- While looking in a mirror, place the round patch over the cold sore.
- Press down lightly on the center of the patch and hold the patch in place for 15-20 seconds to make sure it sticks to on top of your cold sore.
- Gently pull away the applicator tab, at a slight angle away from your face. Voila! Conceal is in place.
- Apply makeup on top of Conceal to ensure that the cold sore blends in with the rest of your lips. Please see below for makeup tips and tricks.
I took 3 pictures to show you how I applied mine. First thing I did was obviously kept my face clean and dry. Do note from the step above that the area and its surroundings has to be kept dry.
So here it is! The Abreva Concealer on my cold sore. It might look kinda obvious without any makeup but I wanted to show you how it looked before makeup application was done.
Can you tell where the Abreva Concealer is now? I have applied Lip gloss and a bit of other makeup around it. It is pretty much not very noticeable anymore. I do want to say that, you don’t really feel a thing after a while. It is as of it is natural on the skin. But anyways, Abreva Conceal can be worked with lipstick or lip gloss.
Abreva Conceal is a clean, non-medicated patch for cold sores that allows air in, yet protective enough to keep contaminants out.
“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Abreva via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Abreva.”
For more information, please read my full disclosure here.