You’ve heard the rumors and now, finally, NARS is launching its second boutique!
NARS Cosmetics is excited to announce the opening of its second flagship boutique. Located on famed Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, the 1,500 square-foot free-standing boutique boasts a design conceived by Founder and Creative Director François Nars, in collaboration with Fabien Baron, of New York design firm Baron & Baron. The boutique also boasts makeup artists trained personally by Mr. Nars, a private room for events and workshops, 6 permanent makeup stations, and will feature exclusive products designed specifically for the location.
8412 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA
- 1,500-square-foot retail space featuring walls and fixtures bathed in stark white with black accents, calling to mind the brand’s signature packaging
- Boutique cash wrap in a red, high-gloss lacquer – the same shade as the brand’s iconic Jungle Red Lipstick
- 200-square-foot private room (for special events, workshops, and VIP guests) inspired by a chic Parisian apartment, includes a seating area with furniture custom-designed by Fabien Baron, as well as an imported fireplace with Louis XVI-style moldings
- Entrance to the boutique features a Carrera marble threshold
- Interior includes clean, sharp lines met by wood floors in an elegant chevron pattern
- 6 permanent makeup stations with boutique makeup artists personally trained by François Nars
- Modern floor-to-ceiling mirrors featuring hidden illuminated frames and screens rotating short films created by NARS
- Window display featuring NARS stylized films projected onto street in the evening
- Music mix created for the boutique by renowned French DJs Les Jumeaux
- Unique products created especially for NARS boutiques to be sold at the NYC and LA locations as well as narscosmetics.com
- “Francois’ Favorite Things”, an eclectic mix of objects that have inspired Nars over the years (including films, books, and photographs), to be available for purchase and rotated quarterly
October 20, 2012
Additionally, Mr. Nars will be at the store on its opening day to sign autographs from 2-4PM PST.