This morning, Misha Nonoo presented her Spring 2013 collection at MILK Studios. To coincide with the collection, key hairstylist Marcos Diaz of ION Studio for Davines designed a Frida Kahlo-esque look that was soft, pretty, and feminine. To achieve this, Diaz incorporated bright colored and floral-patterned pieces of fabric by weaving it into the hair.
- Diaz began by spraying the hair with Davines For Wizards No. 14 Sea Salt Primer. This gave it a great textured, gritty look and made the hair easy to work with.
- He then parted the hair in three vertical sections; two small sections at either side of the head and one larger section in the back.
- Next, the hair on each side was worked into a traditional braid, while a piece of fabric was weaved throughout.
- Diaz used the extra fabric left at the end of the braid to tie the two pieces together at the top of the head positioned to resemble a crown.
- Finally, he gathered the remaining hair at the back of the head and created a loose bun secured with pins.