Spending Valentine’s Day away from your significant other? Being miles apart doesn’t mean you can’t have the romantic evening you deserve. Connect with your loved one on Skype to virtually share a glass of wine, cook dinner or watch a movie “together.”
Looking your best on a video call requires a few tweaks to your beauty routine, so doll up for the date with these Skype-optimized pointers from celebrity makeup artist Pati Dubroff, who glams up stars such as Amanda Seyfried, Charlize Theron and Eva Mendes.
- First and foremost, find good lighting and a nice background
- Prep the skin: for those with oily skin, go for a matte primer, and for dry skin, try a radiant primer or tinted moisturizer
- Brighten under the eyes and spot conceal where needed
- For romantic eyes, use a deep-colored eye pencil and smudge at lashline
- Curl lashes and apply multiple coats of mascara
- Smile and have fun – this is a date after all!